- This event has passed.
Free Yoga in West Harlem
November 17 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Harlem Wellness Center is expanding into West Harlem with a series of weekly yoga classes at the Kota Alliance, Thursdays, 6pm to 8pm. HWC Yoga covers the fundamentals of alignment, strength, and flexibility, using standing and seated poses for spinal health and breathing. All genders, shapes, sizes, and abilities are welcome!
The classes are FREE. Donations are graciously accepted, with all proceeds benefitting HWC’s grass roots movement for health equity, racial healing, and healthy communities.
- DRESS CODE: Wear a comfortable outfit that lets you move freely.
- WHAT TO BRING: Yoga mat, towel, and water bottle. Kota has a few extra yoga mats to share, if needed.
- REFRESHMENTS: After the 90 minute yoga class, light refreshments will be served. Stay, chat, and get to know your neighbors!
- COVID POLICY: Kota follows the NYC guidelines on keeping all of us safe and healthy. Vaccines are strongly encouraged. Masks are optional. Weather permitting, windows and doors are opened. Please stay home if you feel unwell.
- ACCESSIBILITY: Kota Alliance is located in the Sugar Hill neighborhood, between the A/B/C/D 145th Station and C 155th Station, along the M3 bus line. Parking is very limited, with few street spots; the nearest paid lots are at 414 W 155th St and 457 W 150th St. Kota Alliance occupies a historic building, without wheelchair accessibility, with steps inside. (We are fundraising to fix this!)
NOTE: The classes will be held every Thursday, except on Thanksgiving. EventBrite added that date to the series, and we can’t edit the dates, so just skip that sign up date!
The Kota Alliance is a non-profit Global Center for Gender Equity. Kota partners with organizations, entities, and individuals that seek to improve and empower women’s lives through impactful collaboration. By sharing ideas and working together, we advance gender equity and promote women’s empowerment, both locally and globally. Learn more here.
Harlem Wellness Center recognizes that there are stark racial disparities in women’s health due to systemic inequality. HWC is working to diminish the racial health gap in Harlem by offering women’s health education focusing on physical, emotional, and mental health, nutrition workshops, community wellness events, and self-compassion programs. Learn more here.
Our yoga instructor for this series is the founder of Harlem Wellness Center, Ms Vivian Kurutz.
**Cited from https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-yoga-in-west-harlem-tickets-445456441207?aff=ebdssbdestsearch**